Wednesday, December 22, 2010

My Prior Preparation For Hair Relaxer Day

Now normally I stretch my relaxer for up to 17 weeks, or until I cannot stretch any more. But because my birthday and new years day are just around the corner, and I do not plan on wearing a full protective style, I will be relaxing my new growth. My last relaxer was in late September. So as of today (12/22) I am 13 weeks post, which is still pretty good in my opinion! In this post, I will be listing what I do to prepare my hair for a relaxer. Please note, the products specified are what works for me from experience!

First before any treatment services are applied to my hair, I shampoo my hair either using the ApHogee Shampoo for Damaged hair or a clarifying shampoo. This particular time I used a clarifying shampoo because I was out of the shampoo for damaged hair. I do 2 washes to assure myself that my hair is completely clean and free of any product buildup.



Then I do a protein treatment on my hair ONCE 7 days before relaxing. I use a mixture of ApHogee's 2 Step Protein Treatment and ApHogee's Treatment for Damaged Hair. Reading the instruction and ingredient content, I believe that these two products are very close in similarities. Both products are magnesium and modified protein infused which activates with heat into the hair follicles, making your hair extremely hard and reduces the possibility for breakage when combed or brushed for up to 6 weeks, even between washes and everyday manipulation. "I" mix the two products together because "I" noticed that I gotten better results other then using 1 or the other alone.


I apply the ApHogee 2 step protein treatment/ApHogee treatment for damaged hair generously to my hair, lightly comb it through for even distribution, then sit under a dryer until my hair is extremely hard. I then let it sit for 30 additional minuets to an hour before I rinse the product out. (NOTE: These products STINK!!)

Once all of the protein treatments are removed from my hair, I then use the ApHogee's Balancing Moisturizer. This product is crucial if you are doing treatment services. It helps correct and restore your hairs pH and moisture balance. High protein treatments can strip your hair of its moisture causing it to become hard and fragile to breakage. Using the balancing moisturizer helps seal in moisture which is essential for the strength and elasticity of healthy hair.



I apply the moisturizer to my hair, put on a plastic shower cap and allow it to penetrate my hair for an hour then thoroughly rinse out.

After that I then apply the Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Deep Conditioning Replenishing Pak to my hair, re apply my plastic shower cap/scarf, and allow that to sit in my hair over night. This process reassures me that I am getting the proper moisture nourishment I need to be confident that I wont be dry or endure any breakage.



Now finally, I rinse the conditioner out, allow my hair to air dry (I usually do this on my off days from work/school) then braid my hair into two sections. My hair will remain in the 2 braids with little to no manipulation, until relaxer day just to avoid any burning to my scalp. In the meanwhile, I wear my hair in protected style (wigs...) until then.

Products I use and will recommend...
ApHogee and  Smooth-n-Shine Products
Keratin green tea restructionizer
Keratin 2 minuet reconstruction
Shampoo for damaged hair
Moisturizing oil sheen
Pro-Vitamin Leave in conditioner (in spray bottle)
Smooth-n-Shine Silk-n-Sleek strengthener hair polish

**Products listed are what generally works for me from experience.**

No comments:

Post a Comment